We are looking for an experienced Publishing Manager, to be based in our Melbourne office, who will be directly responsible for leading the Publishing Team in the production of all print and digital content.
The Publishing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing the publishing strategy aligned to Company’s strategic pillars and business goals
- Leading a team of in house and freelance staff to create high quality resources that meet market sector needs
- Identifying, reviewing and implementing publishing tools and products to improve the efficiency of Publishing department production processes
- Successfully managing resource allocations to achieve on-time, on-budget resources
- Working collaboratively with the senior management team and sales & marketing team to identify and review market opportunities
- Sourcing strong and productive alliances with a range of partnership organisations that will assist Aspire achieve its business objectives.
Position reports to:
This position reports directly to the Executive Director but works closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager.
A competitive salary package is on offer.
Key Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Previous experience in successfully managing and leading a publishing team is essential. Experience in educational publishing and the use of different media would be highly regarded.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is highly desirable as is an understanding of, or experience in the VET sector
- Project management skills, particularly risk management and contingency planning, with the demonstrated ability to deliver on project objectives within resource constraints
- Ability to review and shape concepts resulting in product that follows sound learning pedagogy principles and meets market sector needs
- Possess a highly collaborative style of management, with the ability to work as an active and productive team leader and member
- Strong leadership, coaching and communication skills
- High level of digital literacy
Click here for the Publishing Manager Pd October 2018