Aged Care Quality Standards
From 1 July 2019, the Commission expects that organisations providing aged care services in Australia will be required to comply with the new Aged Care Quality Standards. Organisations will be assessed and must be able to provide evidence of their compliance with and performance against the Quality Standards from 1 July 2019.
The Quality Standards focus on outcomes for consumers and reflect the level of care and services the community can expect from organisations that provide Commonwealth subsidised aged care services.
The Quality Standards are made up of eight individual standards:
1. Consumer dignity and choice
2. Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
3. Personal care and clinical care
4. Services and supports for daily living
5. Organisation’s service environment
6. Feedback and complaints
7. Human resources
8. Organisational governance.
Download the Aged Care Quality Standards here
Free posters, facts sheets and guides are available to all providers - click here for more