What is an eBook?
An eBook is a digital version of a printed book that can be downloaded and read in a number of ways on multiple types of devices (for example: a desktop or laptop computer, or tablet).
Do I have to have a certain type of device to use an eBook?
No – eBooks work on multiple types of devices such as:
- Desktop computers
How much do eBooks cost?
eBooks are available from $15.00 each.
Can I pay for an eBook in a different method to credit card?
No, eBooks can only be purchased with a credit card.
Do I need to buy the print Learner guide as well as the eBook? Are there any differences between the two?
No – our eBooks are digital versions of the print learner guide which means they are identical. You can buy both versions separately if you like.
Can I still buy a hard copy learner guide?
Yes, print learner guides are still available for purchase.
To purchase a print learner guide, simply search for the unit you’d like on Aspire’s online store and follow the steps to place an order. Once the order is processed, you should receive the print learner guide within 7 to 10 business days, depending on stock levels and your location (you can select Express Post postage for a faster delivery if you are within the Express Post Network dispatched from Melbourne).
Can I print my eBook out?
No you cannot. If you would like a hard copy of a learner guide you will need to purchase one through our online store.
Can I keep the eBook forever?
No. Each eBook has a three-year lifespan from the date you buy it. This means you can use your eBook as often and whenever you want for three years. After three years, the eBook will be inaccessible.
Can I send my eBook to a friend?
No you cannot. Your eBook is linked to your chosen device and cannot be forwarded or emailed to another person. Each eBook should be used by one student only.
How do I purchase an eBook?
To purchase an eBook, you need to follow these steps:
1. Visit the MyConnect website
2. Search for the eBook you would like to purchase
3. Select the eBook you would like to purchase and ‘Add to Cart’. If you require more than one title, click ‘Continue shopping’ and repeat the search for the other units and add them to the shopping cart too.
4. Once you have selected all the eBooks you require, click the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button
5. If you are a first-time customer, you will need to Set-up an Account and enter your details. If you have purchased before, simply enter in your login details (if you have forgotten your password, click the ‘Forgot password’ link and follow the directions). Note: if you are redirected to the home page after creating your account, just click on the 'Cart' icon on the top right of the screen.
6. Complete the transaction by entering your contact and payment details.
7. Download the Campion App to view your eBook. To do this, access the relevant App store based on your device.
8. The system will link your purchased eBook(s) to your Campion App account so you will see your books in your library! To start reading, just click on the eBook you’d like to read.
I’m a trainer, can I buy eBooks for all of my students in one transaction?
Currently only one eBook can be purchased at a time. You can buy one copy of multiple titles but only one of each (eg. you can buy one copy of all the core units for a qualification but not 2 or more copies of the core units).
If you would like to buy enough eBooks for your whole class, please contact Aspire.
I am a student, can I purchase an eBook?
Yes, you can. Please check with your trainer first to ensure you are purchasing the correct book as there are no returns on eBooks.
Then, simply visit the MyConnect website and proceed through the purchasing process. For extra help on this, there are instructions listed above.
How long will it take to receive my eBook?
As soon as you’ve completed the payment process and have downloaded the Campion App, you’ll receive the eBook instantly!
What App do I need to read my eBook? How do I download the Campion App?
You will need to download the Campion App to access your eBook. Links are accessible on the MyConnect website.
How many devices can I access my eBook on?
You can download your eBook to two separate devices, e.g. to a laptop and a tablet
Once you have downloaded the eBook onto a device it can be accessed on that device as often as you like. If you want it on a second device - for example, you originally downloaded it to your laptop and have now decided you’d like it on your tablet so you can read it while on the go - simply download the app on your second device and then download the eBook as you did the first time).
Can I save my eBook?
By downloading the eBook onto your device, it has been automatically saved. Once you’ve done that, you can access it whenever you need through the Campion App.
Simply open the Campion App on your device and you will see your purchased eBooks(s) waiting for you in the library.
Will it use my Internet data to download the eBook or use its features?
Yes, it will. You will need to be connected to the Internet to buy the eBook, download the Campion App and eBook. When you have done all of these things once, you can read the eBook offline whenever you like. Any subsequent purchases will be automatically added to your library which you access through the App
Note: some features will use internet data, such as clicking on hyperlinks, QR codes or using the dictionary function.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to use my eBook once I have downloaded it?
No, you don’t.
Once you have paid for and downloaded your eBook, it can be accessed anytime, anywhere through the Campion App, even if you don’t have the Internet on your device!
However, if you are accessing your eBook without an Internet connect then hyperlinks to websites and QR codes will not work.
You don’t have eBooks for the Training Package I need, what do I do?
If you are looking for eBooks in a Training Package not yet available please contact us on (03) 9820 1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you are interested and can discuss this with you.
Can I return an eBook if I bought the wrong one or no longer need it, even if I haven’t used it?
No, you cannot. All eBook purchases are final and no returns will be accepted.
How do I add written notes to my eBook?
For step-by-step instructions with images, click here.
1. To add notes, click or tap on the notepad icon that is on the very top right of the screen.
2. To add a note, click or tap anywhere on the eBook page.
3. A textbox will appear. Type your note into this textbox and click ‘save’:
4. A small green circular icon will appear where you clicked or tapped. You can view or edit your note by clicking or tapping on this icon.
5. You can also view all of your notes by clicking the ‘Notes’ option that is on the left side of the screen. It will list all of the notes you have saved in your eBook for easy reference.
How do I highlight sections in my eBook?
For step-by-step instructions with images, click here
1. To highlight text, select the text you would like highlighted and then click or tap on the highlighter icon that is at the very top right of your screen.
2. A pop-up will then appear where you can select the colour option for your highlight or to underline text instead. Once you’ve made your selections, click ‘Save’.
3. For a summary of your highlights throughout the eBook, click the ‘Highlights’ icon on the left of your screen. You can then quickly jump between your highlights.
How do I bookmark sections in my eBook?
For step-by-step instructions with images, click here.
1. To bookmark a page, click or tap on the ribbon image that is on the top right of the eBook page.
2. Once you have clicked or tapped on it, it will turn red – you have now bookmarked this page.
3. To view your bookmarks, click or tap on the ‘Bookmarks’ tab on the left side of the screen.
I can’t see the icons on the left side of the screen – why not?
These icons can be hidden. If you can’t see them, just click on the icon that is in the very top left corner of your screen. The left sidebar will become visible. You can also hide this by clicking on the icon at any time.
Help! I have my eBook open but I’m confused and don’t know what to do now!
For visual step-by-step instructions, click here.
1. On the left of your screen is a ‘Help’ icon. Click this.
2. A screen with various instructions will pop up. Scroll through these for assistance in navigating through your new eBook.
For a guide to using our eBooks, please click here.
Who do I contact if I need more help?
If you have a question not answered on this page and need further help, please contact us on (03) 9820 1300 or email email@example.com