New cross sector units released for the BSTP 4.0
Many of the skills most valued by industry cut across multiple sectors of Australia’s economy. Yet training package components are not always developed in a way that recognises the importance of skills in multiple sectors or encourages training products to be used to their full potential in different industry contexts.
The AISC identified nine cross sector skill areas where opportunities to strategically address common skills needs across multiple industries by creating flexible and transferable training package components that benefit industry and learners from across multiple sectors of the economy.
Teamwork and Communication Cross Sector Units
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Inclusion of People with Disability in VET Cross Sector Units
- BSBXDB301 Respond to the service needs of customers and clients with disability
- BSBXDB401 Develop and implement recruitment processes that are inclusive of people with disability
- BSBXDB501 Support staff members with disability in the workplace
- BSBXDB502 Adapt organisations to enhance accessibility for people with disability
You can view a full comparison of BSB 4.0 and BSB 3.0 here